Marker will be dedicated Saturday
ALBION – A historic marker, with a log cabin logo, will be dedicated on the courthouse lawn during a 1 p.m. ceremony on Saturday.
The marker will honor the pioneering spirit of Albion’s first residents. In December 1810, William McAllister bought 368 acres in Albion, the east side of the village, from the Holland Land Company. The following year he built a log cabin where the current County Clerks’ Building stands next the county courthouse.
McAllister and his wife, known only in historical information as “Mrs. McAllister,” were Albion’s first settlers.
The Capurso family in Albion is paying for the marker.