Maison Albion owners offering businesses free classes on marketing, online presence
ALBION – The couple turning the former Pillars property on West County House Road into a wedding and events center is offering a series of free classes on marketing and building a business profile online.
Kerri and Cole Glover, owners of Maison Albion, are offering the classes from Sept. 7 through Nov. 2 at 13800 West County House Rd. The class sizes are capped at 25 people and social distancing will be adhered to for the 1 1/2 hour sessions.
Mrs. Glover, a native of Maui in Hawaii, has worked 22 years in the wedding industry and has been a key leader in developing 13 other wedding venues in Hawaii, Colorado, California, Texas and Montana. She has bachelor’s and master’s degrees in marketing.
Mr. Glover, a seventh-generation Texan, has a sales background, as well as 15 years in event management. He and his wife met in Denver. They were engaged in Paris and married in Venice. He has a degree in mass communication.
“We would like to offer them because our investment in this community is not just about the purchase and restoration of Maison Albion, but also in the people, businesses and community here,” Mrs. Glover said about the classes.
The class schedule includes:
- Sept. 7th – Beginning Website Design – Walk out of this class with a basic website design for your business.
- Sept. 22nd – Google My Business Listings and Online Review Management – Ensure your business is searchable in GoogleMaps, up to date, and learn how to respond and solicit online reviews.
- Oct. 7th – Social Media Creation and Development – Learn to create your Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest accounts and design social media content.
- Oct. 22nd – Public Relations and Event Marketing – Learn how to get free exposure for your business and create events that draw attention to your company.
- Nov. 2nd – Google AdWords and Beginning Search Engine Optimization – Leave this class with the knowledge to advertise with paid Google Ads and learn how to make your website searchable on the internet.
The classes begin at 5 p.m. and attendees are urged to bring a laptop or Maison Albion will have some to share. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“When we open this venue, we want to ensure that as much revenue as possible is directed into the community,” Mrs. Glover said. “That means businesses that are searchable and recognizable online for a couple planning their wedding from Rochester and Buffalo as well. If we improve our online presence as a community, we improve the potential to capture as much income as possible locally as well.”