Lyndonville seeks nominations for ‘Educator of the Year’
LYNDONVILLE – The Lyndonville Central School District is currently accepting applications for the 2nd Annual Educator of the Year Award, to be named in June 2018.
Parents, students, and community members are eligible to nominate a Lyndonville educator for this special honor. Applications need to be submitted by February 9, 2018.
The Educator of the Year will also receive a $1,000 grant to be used for special programming in their department or grade level.
John Bailey, an elementary music teacher, was the first recipient of the award last school year.
Nominees for the award must have completed 4 years of teaching at Lyndonville.
Nominees should also:
• Be an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled teacher;
• Inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
• Have a strong sense of values, integrity and professional ethics;
• Actively collaborate with colleagues, administration, parents and families;
• Demonstrate innovative 21st century skills and continuing professional growth;
• Have the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues;
• Play an active role in the school community
Applications can be found by clicking here.