Lyndonville family appreciates community support after CO poisoning

Posted 17 April 2021 at 9:53 am


A few weeks ago, my family suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ve had so many people supporting us.

First and foremost, we have to thank the first responders – the EMTs and firefighters that saved the 6 of us, plus our pets. I’ve been a CNA for 20 years, the last 5 years at the North Wing in Medina. They were amazing enough to give me a leave of absence to take care of my family without hesitation. Kris’s job at Dobbins did as well. Lyndonville school has been outstanding!

Our son Nicholas alerted us that something was seriously wrong, when we believed it was a stomach bug. Without him, we may not be here today.

We’ve had donations, along with well wishes from family, friends, acquaintances, and even complete strangers. This right here is what pulls at my heart strings the most. I feel like outpourings of love are usually done after people pass. Unlike most, we are beyond lucky to feel this while we’re alive. Unless anyone has ever had this happen, I don’t know how to describe this. As if having a close call with death isn’t enough, all of this love and support just drives us to be better people. We fully believe in Karma, and have good intentions to “pass it on.”

You always hear, “life’s too short” or “appreciate everything you have.” It doesn’t hit home until something like this happens. Always hug your family. Tell people I love you. And sincerely from the Skowneski family, thank you for caring about us. #lyndonvillestrong

Jessica Skowneski