Local residents graduate from RIT
ROCHESTER – Rochester Institute of Technology conferred some 4,200 degrees this academic year. The university held its 134th annual commencement celebration in May. The following local residents received degrees:
• Dakota Clay of Kendall received an MBA in business administration in December 2018.
• Michael Fischer of Albion received a BS in chemical engineering in May 2019.
• Roland Sanford of Albion received a BS in computational mathematics in May 2019.
• Amber Smarpat of Albion received a BFA in illustration in December 2018.
• Traci Westcott of Holley received a BFA in photographic and imaging arts in December 2018.
• Kenneth Westveer of Holley received a BS in electrical engineering technology in May 2019.
• Ganna Yaroshchuk of Holley received a BS in diagnostic medical sonography in May 2019.
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls about 19,000 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.