Resident thankful for quick response to fire at her home
I had a very scary event that happened and I can’t thank the first responders enough or the anonymous caller.
I want to take the time to thank the Medina Police and Fire Department for the quick response time when a neighbor walked by my house and called 911. I want to thank the person that called 911. I don’t know who you are but to me you are a guardian angel.
The electrical wire outside of my house was sparking and on fire on Feb. 2. I am not sure if the neighbor was walking or driving by but I have a great deal to be thankful for. I was sound asleep on the second floor when I heard pounding on my door. My home had smoke throughout.
Officer Joe Frentz said he was only giving one more knock and he was kicking in the door.
I was blessed that day. I lost power for the day until the electrician came and ran a new service to my home. Damage to the outside is the worst.
I also want to thank my neighbor Sue for taking me into her home until Rick got home and we were cleared to enter our home again. Thanks you all so very much.