1 new COVID-19 case in Orleans, 2 more in Genesee
Both counties now have 4 confirmed cases of coronavirus
The Public Health Department in Orleans and Genesee counties reported more local cases of COVID-19, with one more in Orleans and 2 new confirmed cases in Genesee County.
• Orleans: The new positive case is under the age of 65 and is a resident of the central part of the county. This individual is being isolated in an adjacent county, said the Health Department.
• Genesee: One positive case is under the age of 65 and resides in the central part of Genesee County. The second positive case is over the age of 65 and also resides in the central part of the county. Based on the ongoing investigation, these cases are not connected. These two individuals are under mandatory isolation and are in the hospital.
• To Date: Genesee and Orleans have each received 61 negative test results for COVID-19.
• Orleans County: 6 people are under precautionary quarantine, 8 people are under mandatory quarantine, and 4 people are under mandatory isolation 1 of whom is hospitalized and 3 are recovering at home (one out of county).
• Genesee County: 18 people are under precautionary quarantine, 26 people are under mandatory quarantine, and 2 people are under mandatory isolation at home and 2 people are under mandatory isolation and are hospitalized.
“As a reminder, we are asking our community members to practice social distancing and stay home whenever possible to control the spread of this virus,” said Paul Pettit, Public Health director for the two counties.
Western New York counties – COVID-19 cases
Allegany – 2 confirmed (0 new cases)
Chautauqua – 1 confirmed (0 new cases)
Erie – 134 confirmed (12 new cases)
Genesee – 4 confirmed (2 new cases)
Livingston – 3 confirmed (0 new cases)
Monroe – 139 confirmed (21 new cases)
Niagara – 14 confirmed (2 new cases)
Orleans – 4 confirmed (1 new case)
Wyoming – 7 confirmed (3 new cases)
State-wide – 37,258 confirmed (6,448 new cases)