Homeowner puts out chimney fire
Firefighters help clear out clogged chimney pipe
Photos by Tom Rivers
ALBION – Albion firefighter Nathan Bloom carries a bucket to a house owned by Gary and Barb Ostrowski at 13344 Route 31 in Albion after a chimney fire there today at about 3 p.m.
Bloom and other firefighters helped clean out a clogged chimney pipe. Mr. Ostrowski used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire that was in the pipe that connected a stove to the chimney, firefighters said.
Firefighters responded from the Albion, Barre and Medina fire departments.