Health Department will shift to Covid updates twice a week
The Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments announced today that it will be shifting from weekday Covid-19 updates to providing those numbers twice a week, on Tuesday and Friday afternoons starting May 11.
“Along with the increased relaxation of the Covid-19 restrictions, GO Health will only be reporting 2 days a week on Tuesdays and Fridays starting next week,” the GO Health Departments said in a notice to the media.
Tuesday’s briefing will include data from Friday afternoon through Tuesday morning. Friday’s briefing will include data from Tuesday afternoon through Friday morning.
The GO Health Departments are also changing the data it will be reporting to what it said is the most relevant information. This will include:
- Total positive cases by county. “We will no longer be breaking down into zones as Covid is everywhere,” the departments said.
- Total active cases (those who are in mandatory isolation)
- Ages of new positive individuals will be in the narrative only (the chart will be on the GO Health websites)
- Total number of 1 dose vaccinations and percentage of the population per county from the Finger Lakes COVID-19 Vaccine Hub (data updated weekly).
- Total number of completed vaccine series and percentage of the population per county from the Finger Lakes COVID-19 Vaccine Hub (data updated weekly).
- Total fatalities will be reported only on Fridays from the NYS data tracker.
The age breakdown and community exposure graphs (only when there is a potential exposure) will be on the GO Health websites. The mapping link will continue to be updated, but on a bi-weekly basis to coordinate with the briefings. The briefs will continue to include any updates as well as the community links.
The GO Health Departments will send updates, press releases and hold live zoom press briefings as situations warrant.