Hawley says new flexibility in funding for Lake Ontario flood relief
Press Release, State Assemblyman Steve Hawley
As part of this year’s budget passed on March 31, Assemblyman Steve Hawley (R,C,I-Batavia) announced on Tuesday that new regulations have been put in place to increase flexibility in Lake Ontario’s relief program.
“Residents and businesses across Lake Ontario’s shoreline are still struggling to recover after Lake Ontario’s historic flooding last year, and I am proud to announce that we fought diligently in this year’s budget to free up funding to allow the recovery process to continue,” Hawley said. “A total of $12.5 million will be sent to homeowners in Cayuga, Monroe and Wayne counties and $4 million has been allocated to homeowners in Orleans County for flood recovery efforts.”
Hawley was one of the first state officials to tour the flooding along Lake Ontario’s shoreline firsthand and was instrumental in fighting for a state relief package as part of last year’s end of session agreement.
“I will continue to fight for more funding and financial flexibility throughout the duration of session to see that all affected residents receive the aid they so desperately deserve,” Hawley continued. “Please feel free to contact my office for more information or questions on this program, and know that I am with you every step of the way.”