Hawley, Red Cross hosting a series of blood drives in his assembly district
Press Release, Assemblyman Steve Hawley
Assemblyman Steve Hawley (R,C-Batavia) will host a series of blood drives across the district this month in partnership with the American Red Cross.
New York state historically has very little blood banked for patients statewide, and this initiative is being held to encourage those who can donate and make all the difference to a patient in need. Hawley has done numerous drives throughout his time in the Assembly and is happy to continue this tradition.
“I’m happy to once again partner with the American Red Cross and encourage everyone who can to donate some blood,” Hawley said. “New York often has a shortage of blood in its banks, which is a big problem, because the various blood types are used in critical surgeries and life-saving operations daily. One small donation could mean the difference between life and death for another, so I encourage all willing participants to donate.”
The time and place of the various donation sites will be:
- Friday, March 10, Batavia Social Services, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, March 13, Batavia Robert Morris School, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, March 13, Pavilion Fire Department, 1:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 14, Darien Fire Co. with PCD Kiwanis 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16, St. Max Hall, East Pembroke. 1:00 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday, March 17, Lyndonville Presbyterian Church. 1:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18, Stafford Fire Department, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 21, Albion Elks Lodge, 12:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 21, Batavia First UMC, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 30, Oakfield-Alabama High School, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.