Harness shop once stood behind bank in Lyndonville
By Bill Lattin, Orleans County Historian
LYNDONVLLE – This is the interior of John G. Peters Harness Shop shortly after it opened in 1909.
It was located on Maple Avenue in Lyndonville, behind the bank. The Peters family lived on the second floor above the business.
After Mr. Peters died in 1963, his son Fred donated many tools and other artifacts from this shop to the Cobblestone Museum. They are currently housed in a small building at the Cobblestone Museum in Childs known as the J. G. Peters Harness Shop.
The building in Lyndonville was later torn down leaving this site for bank parking. The horse in our photo was a dummy for the display of harness.