Fundraisers set up for families who lost home in Holley fire
HOLLEY – The Holley community is rallying to assist the residents of a 4,000-square-foot building that was destroyed in a fire Sunday night.
The fire displaced 11 residents, including three elementary school children, a high school senior and a baby.
None of the residents were injured, but they lost their possessions in the blaze. Three cats and a dog also died in the fire, that broke out about 11 p.m. and quickly tore through the house owned by Stanley Passarell.
The Eastern Orleans Community Center and St. Mary’s Catholic Church are both accepting donations for the residents affected by the fire.
Four GoFundMe fundraising accounts also have been set up.
Allona Macey was one of the residents in the building. She lived there with her boyfriend and their 4-month-old daughter. Macey has created a GoFundMe (click here).
“Tonight we lost everything,” she wrote on GoFundMe. “Furniture… clothes. Many things that can never be replaced. A fire started in my neighbor’s apartment and spread to the whole building. Unfortunately we don’t have renter’s insurance. We left with the clothes on our back. I literally don’t even have shoes. A neighbor was kind and gave me some but they are too small. We are trying to raise money to replace our things and get a new home. Prayers are needed I’m just so overwhelmed I even left without my glasses. Any donations are very much appreciated.”
Linda Geer is organizing a GoFundMe for her high school classmate, Tina Cairns and Tina’s daughter Tori. (Click here for more information).
“Tina Cairns and her daughter Tori who lost everything – their home, vehicle, all belongings, and three beloved cats – to a horrible fire on Sunday. No one should ever have to go through this. Whether you know this family or not, imagine losing everything. Thankfully, they were able to get out without injury but let’s help this family get back on their feet. Any amount helps. I believe in love and giving when people need it most. And while in this world, it is hard to control the atrocities that go on, this is a chance to help a fellow sister in need.”
Desiray Appoloney is organizing a GoFundMe for her friend who was one of the residents in the Holley building, living there with her fiancé and their three children. (Click here for more information.)
“Last night my best friend her fiancé and their 3 children lost everything in a house fire,” Appoloney writes. “With it being so close Christmas and the New Year’s, you can imagine how devastating this would be. They are going to need help with not only finding a new home but refurnishing as well. She also lost her vehicle in the fire so that is one more giant loss. Any form of donation is so very appreciated!”
Heidi Causyn created this GoFundMe (click here) with the funds to be shared among the four families that are now trying to find another place to live.
“Looking to raise money, donations of clothing, house hold items and anything else to help 4 families who lost everything in a major house fire tonight in the village of Holley!!!!!” Causyn writes. “We will get sizes and genders of all members involved shortly. We know children were involved from the ages of 4 months and up. One family lost their dog!! As a community let’s help these families out. All money and donations will be split between each family. If you would like your donation to go to a certain family please say so in the comments of your donation!!!!”