Fundraisers planned for Moody, Weis families in Albion
ALBION – The community is rallying to support the Moody and Weis families.
Brennan Moody, 17, died in a car accident on Tuesday on Eagle Harbor Road. One of his best friends, Sean Weis, was badly injured in the crash and is at Erie County Medical Center.
Community members are organizing fundraisers to assist the two families.
• Today at Bullard Park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. orders will be taken for “Albion Strong” T-shirts. The shirts are $15 and Digital Ink Arts in Albion will have them available on Thursday, June 27, at Bullard from 6 to 7 p.m. There will be another delivery at Bullard on Sunday, June 30, from 2 to 3 p.m. All proceeds from the T-shirt sales are going to the Moody family.
There will also be collection jars on tables at Bullard to help the Weis family with medical expenses.
• There is also a meal train for the Weis family. People can sign up to provide meals by clicking here. Pam Parker is the organizer. She reports that Sean is out of intensive care and is now in a regular room at ECMC.
• On Monday, June 24, Jimmy Z’s Plates and Shakes on Main Street in Brockport will donate 20 percent of sales to the Moody family for customers who mention Brennan. That fundraiser goes from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Red Check Rustic will also donate 20 percent from its sales on June 29 to the Weis family. Red Check Relic has a monthly market behind the Pratt Building in Albion. The market meets in the back of Beaver Alley and North Liberty Street and includes crafters, vendors and a food truck.
• There will be an “Albion Strong” benefit with a chicken barbecue begins at 3 p.m. on Aug. 11 at The Gallagher, a barn and event center at 244 North Gravel Rd. in Medina. For more information on that event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.