Find us on Facebook

Fundraiser established for Albion man who suffered severe burns in fire

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 13 August 2020 at 10:25 am

Matthew Farley is in intensive care after suffering third-degree burns during from a grease fire on Tuesday night.

ALBION – The mother of an Albion man who suffered third-degree burns in a grease fire on Tuesday night has started a GoFundMe to help pay for his medical care.

Matthew Farley was cooking in the kitchen at his West State Street residence when he suffered severe burns at about 10 p.m. on Tuesday.

His mother, Staci Donnelly, says he has third-degree burns throughout his body and is in intensive care at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester.

“He will need much time in the hospital, and then a long road of physical therapy,” she posted on GoFundMe. “He will have to relearn many skills after his burns have healed. We are looking at a very long road ahead of us.”

She also asked the community to keep her son in their prayers.

“Please lift him up in prayer as we all know the power of prayer in numbers,” she said.

Click here to be directed to the GoFundMe for Farley.

Return to top