Free at-home Covid test kits available at town and village halls in Orleans
Test kits also can be picked up at County Office Building
Press Release, Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments
ALBION – New York State has provided Orleans County Emergency Management Office with free at-home Covid test kits to distribute to residents.
Starting Thursday, Jan. 6, each town hall and the Orleans County Office Building will have a limited supply of Covid test kits to distribute to their residents during normal business hours until the kits are gone.
Please note all the school districts have received kits for their students and will distribute according to their respective plans. A maximum of two kits per family will be distributed at the following locations:
- Orleans County Office Building: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Albion Town Hall: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 to 11 a.m. and noon to 3 p.m.
- Albion Village Hall: Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Barre Town Hall: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Carlton Town Hall: Tuesday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon
- Clarendon Town Hall: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Tuesday from noon to 6 p.m.; Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon
- Gaines Town Hall: Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Monday from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Holley Village Hall: Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kendall Town Hall: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (closed from noon to 12:45 p.m.)
- Lyndonville Village Hall: Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed daily from 12:30 to 1 p.m.)
- Medina Village Hall: Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Murray Town Hall: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon
- Ridgeway Town Hall: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Shelby: Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Yates Town Hall: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To report a positive at-home test:
Individuals can visit the GO Health website Covid-19 Testing page under Emerging Issues (GOHealthNY.org) and choose the appropriate Home Test button for their respective county.
Individuals should complete the at-home tests according to the directions provided. When the test is completed, individuals should take a picture with the individual’s name, the date and the time they took the test legibly written in permanent marker within 15 minutes of reading the test.
Towards the end of the online form, the individual will be required to upload the picture on the website and attest to the authenticity and truth of the form. If there are any missing sections that are required, the form is invalid. At this time, individuals do not need to report negative at-home test results.
Anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 is to self-isolate immediately. A case investigator will contact the individual to determine any potential contacts, check on the individual’s health and provide guidance on their isolation.
Please answer the phone and be able to provide information regarding potential contacts when called. Also note, depending on our caseload, it may be one to three days before you are called. It is important to continue with self-isolation from household members as much as you are able. If you must share space, make sure all in contact with you are wearing masks covering their nose and mouth and frequently shared items/surfaces are sanitized often.