Find us on Facebook

Firefighters take care of chimney fire in Barre

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 12 November 2014 at 12:00 am

Photos by Tom Rivers

BARRE – Firefighters put out a chimney fire in Barre this morning at the home of John and Val Hucknall, 13601 West Lee Rd.

The call went out to firefighters at 9:30 a.m. In the top photo, Medina firefighters Fernando Papila, top, and Matt Herriven work on the fire. They put dry chemical powder down the chimney and then ran a chain through the chimney, clearing it out.

The Hucknall’s son, Jeremy, was outside and noticed the smoke coming from the chimney this morning. Firefighters from Barre, Medina and Albion responded to the call.