Firefighters take care of chimney fire in Albion

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 7 January 2015 at 12:00 am

Photos by Tom Rivers

ALBION – Barre firefighters John Egloff, left, and Pat Lamka run a chain through a chimney at 13496 West Countyhouse Rd. They also put dry chemical powder in the chimney to help put out a fire and break up the creosote.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 2:10 p.m. Albion, Medina and Barre firefighters worked to clear the chimney in the house owned by Jerry Belcher.

Dale Banker (right) is the county emergency management coordinator. He joined firefighters at the scene. It was only 7 degrees out.