Firefighters put out blaze at Albion back porch

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 24 April 2015 at 12:00 am

Photos by Tom Rivers

ALBION – A fire that started in the back porch of a house in the village was put out by Albion firefighters before it spread into the kitchen and the rest of the house.

Tim Seibert was just returning home a little after 3 this afternoon when he and his wife noticed the smoke and fire from the back of the house at 613 East State St.

Tim Seibert is at the back of house just before firefighters arrived at about 3:20 p.m. today.

Seibert suspects the propane tanks and grill were the cause of the fire. He emptied his driveway of vehicles and his wife and young son left the house while firefighters put out the fire.

Firefighters hurry to the scene to put out the fire.

Firefighters direct water on the fire while Frank Sidari, a friend of the Seibert family, watches.

Brad Driesel, a firefighter from Barre, removes some of the siding so firefighters can check for any hot spots.