Firefighters prevent garage fire from spreading to house in Lyndonville
Photo by Tom Rivers
LYNDONVILLE – A fire that broke out in a garage in Lyndonville at about 4:15 p.m. today was limited to the southwest corner of the structure, which is attached to a house.
Ridgeway firefighters C.J. Ambrose with hose and Rich McAdoo with the pike pole put out any hot spots.
Firefighters said the blaze was confined to an area with a wood-burning stove. The fire occurred at a garage owned by Yvette Seniuk at 2504 Lyndonville Rd., just south of the village line on Route 63. She also owns the house that was spared from the fire.
Ridgeway firefighter Francis Woodworth was among the volunteers who responded to the fire. Lyndonville and Ridgeway both helped put out the blaze.