Fire flared up next door overnight
ALBION – A fire broke out at Empire Coatings Inc. in the middle of the night in the exhaust vents of a building next door to a warehouse that was engulfed in flames on Thursday.
The fire at Empire Coatings was on the roof and was quickly knocked down by firefighters who were already on the scene because of the smoldering ruins of the warehouse.
“The flames were shooting out of the roof,” said Rocky Sidari, fire chief for the Albion Fire Department.
Sidari credited the fast action from firefighters for containing the fire.