Fire damages garage in Medina
MEDINA – Firefighters were dispatched at 11:58 p.m. last night to a garage fire at 342 South Ave.
Medina, Shelby and Lyndonville firefighters worked to put out the fire. Damage is estimated at $2,500 to the contents and structure. There were no injuries to any residents or firefighters. The fire was determined to be accidental in nature and caused by careless disposal of smoking material, said Steve Cooley, public information officer for Medina Fire Department.
“No working smoke detectors were found in this structure,” he said. “We would like to remind all residents the importance of having multiple smoke detectors on all levels of your home, garage and any other out buildings.”