Find us on Facebook

Dryer fire spews smoke in Albion

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 27 February 2015 at 12:00 am

Photos by Tom Rivers
ALBION – A dryer fire filled an apartment house with smoke tonight at 120 West State St. Firefighters put out the fire, which didn’t cause much damage to the house owned by Chris Kinter.

Firefighters from Albion and Barre were called to the scene at about 9:30 p.m., and encoutnered lots of smoke coming from the building. They also removed clothes that were on fire from the dryer.

Barre firefighter Nic Elliott sets up a fan to air out the house. Temperatures are only in the single digits.

Albion firefighter Charlie Monacelli shovels snow away from the vents in the house.