Dignitaries break ground on Albion hospital in 1950
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
ALBION – On April 1, 1950 Helen Burrows Hudson, first vice president of the Arnold Gregory Memorial Hospital in Albion, broke ground for a new hospital building.
Here she is about to lift the first shovel of dirt in this ceremony. Onlookers in the background include, from left: Peter Snell, “Doc Hawks,” Dr. Dorothy Cooper, Muriel Northrup and Frances Weale.