County’s Ag District adds 116 acres
ALBION — The Orleans County Consolidated Agricultural District is growing by 115.66 acres.
The County Legislature last week held a public hearing on the additions for the countywide district. The Legislature then approved the acreage for the Ag District.
The changes go for a final OK in Albany by the State Department of Agriculture and Markets. That is expected in September or October.
The additions include:
• 4.10 acres on Greenman Road in the Town of Yates, which are owned by Sandy Knoll Farms
• 44.10 acres on Gray Road in the Town of Barre, owned by the Barre Sportsmen’s Club
• 0.86 acre on Gaines Waterport Road in Gaines, owned by Robin L. Root
• 54.80 acres on Gaines Waterport Road in Gaines, owned by Robin L. Root
• 11.80 acres on Horan Road in Ridgeway, owned by Timothy D. Marker.