County Tourism will promote Orleans at several out-of-state travel shows
ALBION – The Orleans County Tourism Department will be promoting county attractions at several upcoming out-of-state travel shows.
Dawn Borchert, the county’s tourism director, will be attending the shows on behalf of the county.
The County Legislature authorized attendance at the following travel and trade shows:
• Fly Fishing Show, Edison, NJ, January 25-28 with total cost to be paid by Lake Ontario Sportfishing Promotion Council.
• Great American Outdoor Show, Harrisburg Pa., January 30 to Feb. 4 with cost to be paid by Lake Ontario Sportfishing Promotional Council.
• AAA Great Vacation Travel Expo, Columbus, OH, February 6-11 with cost to be paid by New York State Tourism Industry Association.
• Pittsburgh Car Show, Pittsburgh, Pa., February 12-18 with cost to be paid by New York State Tourism Industry Association.
• The Outdoor Adventure Show, Mississauga, ONT Canada, February 20-25 with cost to be paid by New York State Tourism Industry Association.
• AAA Vacation Expo, Cleveland, OH, Oct. 16-20 to be paid by New York State Tourism Industry Association.
The County Legislature also has renewed contracts with Lynne Menz Designs for tourism work in 2020. Menz will be paid $18,720 for tourism coordination services in 2020 and up to $22,000 for design services in 2020.
This agreement includes costs associated with advertising design, publication design, social media, photography and video production to be paid on a project basis from I Love New York tourism funding.