County approves 2% raises for some elected and appointed officials
ALBION – The Orleans County Legislature approved 2 percent raises for some elected and appointed officials following a public hearing last week.
Some of those employees also will be receiving longevity bonuses.
The Legislature every year needs to have a public hearing and vote if it will raise the salaries for some of the elected and appointed officials.
The positions affected in the resolution from the Legislature include the following:
• County attorney, $84,596
• County clerk $82,275, plus $1,750 longevity bonus for 25-29 years of service
• County treasurer, $71,593, plus $1,250 longevity bonus for 20-24 years of service
• Director of personnel, $89,431, plus $500 for 15-19 years of service
• Public defender, $84,596
• Real property tax director, $75,687, plus $200 for 10 years of service
• Sheriff, $82,275, plus $1,750 for 25-29 years of service
• Social services commissioner, $97,208
• Coroners, $2,008, plus $100 per case and $50 per Hospice case