Communities in Orleans County schedule Memorial Day observances
Five events are planned for Memorial Day in Orleans County. The schedule includes:
• Albion – The parade starts near the Orleans County Court House on Main Street at 10 a.m. and proceeds to the Albion Middle School front lawn where there will be a service near the Vietnam Memorial.
• Holley – Participants will form up at the American Legion Post at 10:30 a.m. with the parade starting at 11 and ending at the Hillside Cemetery.
• Lyndonville – The parade will start at 9 a.m. at the Catholic Church on Lake Avenue and end near the library on Main Street. A ceremony will be held there. The Yates Community Library has arranged to have many flags in the school front yard.
• Medina – The parade will start at 11 a.m. at the Olde Pickle Factory building and proceed to the State Street Park where a ceremony will be held at about noon.
• Kendall – The town has its Memorial Day observance on May 30. Kendall alternates the location among three cemeteries. This year Memorial Day will be observed at Greenwood Cemetery on Roosevelt Highway (Route 18). The ceremony starts at 7 p.m.