Cobblestone Museum has a few spots to fill for Oct. 19 Ghost Walk
Press Release, Cobblestone Museum
GAINES – Coordinators of the Cobblestone Museum Civil War Ghost Walk on Oct. 19 are looking for some enthusiastic actors to fill some remaining open roles.
The Civil War Ghost Walk will lead ticket holders back in time to meet “gentle spirits” who are characters from the year 1862, mainly fictionalized residents of Orleans County, based on local history. Dress Rehearsal is this Saturday at the Cobblestone Museum at 2 p.m.
Candidates should contact Sue Bonafini, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585/589-9013 for full details.
Outstanding roles to be filled with short speaking lines in the Civil War Ghost Walk:
• Mary, a young girl at the One-Room Schoolhouse, grades 1 – 8
• Farmer Brown, orchard owner
• An Impatient Customer/Farmer in the Blacksmith Shop
• Joe, a blacksmith/farrier at the Blacksmith Shop
• Mr. Hill, a mature owner/printer of a Print Shop, who laments that he is no longer a young man and therefore will not enlist to fight against the Great Rebellion
• Sarah, a mother of a teen daughter
• Non-speaking roles are available for all ages at the Cobblestone Church as part of the 19th century congregation. This includes two males to accept the non-speaking roles of the Father of two young women, and a Witness at a wedding ceremony.
A number of behind-the-scenes roles are still vacant, including additional Parking Attendants and Safety Guards to assist tours crossing at the intersection of Routes 98 & 104 on Oct. 19.
Tours will be held at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. in the afternoon. Comfortable walking shoes are suggested for this 90-minute walking tour through museum campus buildings and grounds. Dubby’s Wood Fired Pizza will offer open-hearth pizza cooked fresh to order. Tickets can be purchased with the additional option to purchase a pizza. Click here for more information.