Cobblestone house badly damaged in fire
Photos by Tom Rivers
GAINES – A cobblestone house that has been dutifully cared for by its owner has been badly damaged in a fire tonight.
David Snyder was getting ready to go to bed when he sensed something wrong in his attic. He opened the attic door and the fire seemed to take off, said his sister, Tricia Snyder.
She is thankful her brother made it safely out of the house with his two dogs.
This photo is taken looking towards the back of the house with water coming down from the ladder truck.
It was difficult for Snyder and his family to watch the fire gain strength with flames shooting out of the roof.
Firefighters work to get the fire under control.
Snyder has gutted the house and done a lot of work inside, his sister said.
Neighbors said the house was a popular, welcoming place when Snyder was raising his children. Neighbors said they would try to rally around Snyder in the coming days.
Firefighters stand at the front of the house and direct water to the roof where flames were shooting out.
The dispatch call went out just before 10 p.m. to 2516 Eagle Harbor Rd. Firefighters were inside the house but were called out of the building as the fire spread in the upper floor.
Firefighters put lots of water on the fire, trying to get it under control.
Medina Fire Chief Todd Zinkievich hustles down Eagle Harbor Road to help at the scene.