Co. F basketball was special at the armory
Contributed Photo – Constructed in 1901 Medina’s Pearl Street Armory (now the home of the Lake Plains YMCA) was the home of Company F of the New York National Guard. For several decades into the 1930’s Company F fielded a very successful basketball team which including regimental championship seasons. Shown here in a photo taken on the steps of the armory are members of the 1909-10 Company F basketball team. In the front row at left is George Newell and at right Martin Bland. In the enter is Fred Brooks and at right center William Whipple. At the upper right is Blaine Sturgis. The men at the upper left and center left are unidentified.