Closings for March 15, 2017
(Updated at 10:57 a.m. on March 15, 2017.)
• The meeting for the law enforcement efficiency committee, looking at possible shared services or consolidation, is cancelled for this evening.
• With Albion schools closed today, the Tarzan preview and basket auction will now be next Wednesday, March 22, at the Albion First Baptist Church from 6 to 7 p.m. for putting tickets in baskets and from 7 to 8 p.m. for the preview and announcing basket winners.
• Hoag Library in Albion is closed. A Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester meeting scheduled for 5:30 at the library has been cancelled. The next meeting will be April 5 at Hoag.
• Albion Central School is closed on Wednesday including all afterschool activities.
• Holley Central School is cancelled.
• Kendall Central School is closed on Wednesday.
• Lyndonville Central School will be closed.
• Medina Central School is shut down for the day.
• Orleans County Christian School is closed.
• Genesee Community College also has closed all of its campus locations, including the sites in Albion and Medina.
• Orleans County is closing its county government buildings today due to the winter storm. Employees of Buildings and Grounds, Highway, the Emergency Management Office, Sheriff’s road patrol and jail should report as normal.
• All Oak Orchard Health Centers – Albion, Lyndonville, Brockport, Warsaw and Hornell – including WIC offices will be closed again today.
• The Cornell Cooperative Extension in Orleans County is also closing today due to the storm.
• The Albion Area Ministerium has cancelled this week’s Lenten gathering due to the severe winter storm. The next gathering will be Wednesday, March 22, at noon at Christ Church. The gatherings are from noon to 1 p.m. and open to the community. Remaining 2017 dates include March 22 & 29, and April 4.
• Albion Town Justice Joe Fuller is closing Town Court on Wednesday due to the winter storm. Those cases will be rescheduled for 9 a.m. on April 19.
• Clarendon town offices closed today.
• Gaines Town Court is cancelled for Wednesday and the cases moved to 3 p.m. on March 22 at the Gaines Town Hall, 14087 Ridge Rd.
• Yates Town Court is closed today due to inclement weather.