Chimney fire rekindles at historic home on Ridge Road in Gaines
Photo by Tom Rivers
ALBION – Firefighters are working to stop a rekindled chimney fire this afternoon at 14001 Ridge Rd. in Gaines.
Firefighters were dispatched to the historic home from 1825 at about 2:30 a.m. They were called back at about noon today after there was smoke and heat in the insulation and the trusses of the attic.
Albion, Medina and Carlton firefighters are at the scene of the home owned by the Mack family. The site is at the intersection with Route 279 (Gaines-Waterport Road).