Chimney fire damages Albion village home

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 2 February 2016 at 12:00 am

Photos by Tom Rivers

ALBION – Albion firefighter James Fisher is on the Albion ladder truck while flames shoot out of the top of the house at 364 West Park St.

A chimney fire caused significant damage to the home of Brian and Debbie London. Firefighters were dispatched to the site at about 6:30 p.m. No one was injured in the fire.

The Londons are well known in Albion and they have lived in the house for about 20 years. They are well liked by their neighbors, said their next-door neighbor, Tim Lindsay. Mrs. London owns Bloom’s Flower Shop in Albion. Her husband is an electrician and a fishing guide.

Albion firefighters Charlie Monacelli, right, and James Fisher are in the ladder truck, trying to let out smoke and ventilate the attic. Several area fire departments responded to the scene.