Chimney collapse causes Clarendon fire this morning
CLARENDON – Several local fire departments responded this morning to a fire in Clarendon on Mansfield Road.
Clarendon, Holley and Albion were first to the scene, and received additional help from Fancher-Hulberton-Murray, Barre, Brockport and Byron, with Elba filling in at Barre.
Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at 6:36 a.m. They were able to knock down the fire from the outside, Clarendon Fire Chief Jon DeYoung posted on the fire department’s Facebook page.
He said the fire was under control at 6:58 a.m. He said the collapse of an exterior chimney caused the fire.
“Thank you to all of our mutual aid departments for your assistance this morning,” DeYoung said. “All responders did a great job.”