Chamber announces annual winners with Canalside Tattoo ‘Business of the Year’
MEDINA – The Orleans County Chamber of Commerce has announced its annual award winners and Canalside Tattoo in Medina has won the Business of the Year.
Canalside was started by Shawn Ramsey in 2015. The business originally was on East Center Street and then in 2017 moved to a bigger location at 540 Main St., the former Curvin’s News.
Ramsey was originally the lone tattoo artist at Canalside, and he now employs several artists. Canalside also sells body jewelry, apparel (shirts and socks) and stickers. The business also hosts many community fundraisers.
Other award winners include:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Dave Snell of Albion
- Phoenix Award – Dubby’s Tailgate in Albion
- New Business of the Year – Red, White and Moo in Holley
- Community Service Award – Orleans Koinonia Kitchen in Albion
- Agricultural Business of the Year – Rush’s Farm Market in Carlton
- Business Person of the Year – George Bidleman of Medina
- Small Business of the Year – Roadies in Carlton
- Hidden Gem – The Gallagher Barn in Medina
- Employer of the Year – (to be announced by Orleans County Job Development)
“The Orleans County Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce this year’s Annual Award winners,” said Darlene Hartway, executive director of the Chamber of Commerce. “These Orleans County businesses/ businesspeople are great examples of how hard work, discipline, tenacity can lead to success. They all have shown a great commitment to the Orleans County community as well.”
The award winners will be recognized at annual awards ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 20, at the White Birch Golf Course in Lyndonville.