Biden shouldn’t be scorned for speech on TV, addressing many national crises
It’s been awhile since I’ve had to clean my morning coffee off my computer screen following something I’ve read – but today is the proverbial day.
First, let’s get up to speed with what’s going on in America …
• A virus that will have killed a half-million people by spring.
• A vaccine distribution program in total abject failure.
• A spurned lover in North Korea who says he has submarine nukes that can destroy any city in America. (Talk about an ex scorned!)
• Mexico already caught cheating on our “wonderful & fabulous” new trade deal. (Well, at least they paid for the wall right?) Wall? Someone built a wall somewhere?
• Florida on its way to becoming the world’s most populated sink hole.
• The seat of our Democracy pillaged, urinated in and looted by treasonous lunatics incited by our own president.
• Insurrectionist whack-jobs seen beating people over the head with the AMERICAN FLAG in a riot viewed by the entire world (complete with gallows & noose) leaving five people dead.
• Our Constitution imperiled by the same elected officials charged with its defense.
• Iran, vowing retaliation, blaming America & Israel for the assassination of its leaders.
• Our Nation’s Capital, literally the beating heart of American freedom, is now a fortress under heavy armed guard looking more like Syria and Afghanistan than any coveted “shining city on a hill.”
• An economy in the toilet fueled by record unemployment & business failures with no end in sight.
• Racial, political and social unrest everywhere we look throughout our country.
• A soon to be ex-president who publicly claims that the only person more famous than himself is Jesus Christ. (Which, I suppose, leaves Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Judas Iscariot and even Satan himself among other lesser-known runners-up)
• But most tragically, the entire world watching our beloved country quickly becoming a case study on how democracy dies. No, I’m wrong. It pales tragedy.
So, given all this, now we’re going to get all snarky and whine because the next President of the United States of America, a President elected by “We the People” interrupted Wheel of Fortune? Seriously?
But not to worry, I called a friend of mine in Canada who told me that the final puzzle ended like this:
Things: “CL _ ELESS REP_BLICANS”
Anyone care to buy a vowel?
Albion High School ’78