Albion village makes many annual appointments
ALBION – The Albion Village Board held its annual organizational meeting last week and approved many appointments to committees and also to positions.
Those appointments include:
- Fair Housing Officer – Tracy VanSkiver who is village clerk and treasurer
- Disaster Coordinator – Police Chief David Mogle
- Village Attorney – John Gavenda
- Historic Preservation Commission (terms to expire April 2027) – Richard Nenni and Ian Mowatt
- Planning Board (term to expire April 2028) – Deb Zicari
- Zoning Board (term to expire April 2028) – Bruce Dugan
- Grievance Committee (term to expire April 2024) – Anthony Wynn, Kim Remley and Jason Dragon
- Recreational Committee (term to expire April 2024) – Annette Finch, Terry Wilbert, Susan Oschmann, Lisa DeCarlo, Geno Allport, Bernie Baldwin and Michael Beach
- Library Board (term that expires 2024) – vacant
- Historic Preservation Commission (term that expires April 2026) – vacant
- Official banks – Key Bank, Five Star, JP Morgan Chase and NYCLASS
- Mileage reimbursement rate set at 65.5 cents a mile to village officers and employees of the village who use their personal automobile while performing their official duties
- Official newspaper for carrying public notices – The Daily News in Batavia
Mayor Angel Javier Jr. also gave the village trustees their committee assignments.
- Trustee Joyce Riley will be on the committees for Albion Police Department, Albion Fire Department, Sewer Department, Cemetery, Water Department, Law and Public Relations.
- Trustee Chris Barry is assigned to committees for DPW, Code Enforcement, Historic Preservation Commission, Recreation Department and Trailer Parks.
- Trustee Zach Burgess’s committees include the Albion Police Department, Code Enforcement Historic Preservation, Animal Control, the Planning Board, Village Office and Insurance.
- Trustee Tim McMurray’s committees include DPW, Albion Fire Department, Cemetery, Water Department, Recreation Department, and Law.
- Mayor Javier to serve as ex-officio member of each committee.