Albion Post Office was based on Bank Street a century ago
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
ALBION – This interior photo shows the Post Office in Albion, perhaps around 1920.
The Post Office was located on the north side of East Bank Street in the Kinmont Block between Platt and Ingersoll streets. From here the Post Office moved to the Orleans Hotel block about 1930.
In 1937, the present U.S. Post Office was built on Main Street at the corner of West State Street.
Employees shown in this picture, from left to right, include: Frank Tripp, Leon Gilbert, Daniel Hanley, Postmaster unidentified and Charles Patton.