Albion once was home to the Orleans Hotel
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
ALBION – This color post card from around 1910 shows the Orleans Hotel, which was located on East Bank Street and Platt Street in Albion.
Built in the 1860s, it had a two-story porch at the main entrance. Parked in front of that is a hack (taxi), which provided transportation from the N.Y. Central Railroad Depot to the hotel. At the time of this picture it enjoyed a reputation for fine dining.
This building later became Henri’s Inn and was destroyed by a fire 20 years ago.