Albion, Medina host Beggar’s Night today
Trunk or Treat, ‘Spooky Night’ and other Halloween activities planned in Orleans
Halloween gets a jump start with many community activities today and on Saturday.
Albion and Medina are both hosting their annual Beggar’s Night this evening with businesses and community organizations handing out candy and treats in the downtown business districts.
• Medina will have Beggar’s Night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The line will form in the parking lot between The Medicine Shoppe and The Print Shop, and wind around behind the businesses on East Center Street and Main Street.
• Albion will have Beggar’s Night from 6 to 8 p.m. There will be two starting points: the Five Star Bank parking lot, and the municipal lot on Main St. by the Presbyterian Church. In addition to businesses giving away candy, there will be three trunk or treat spots: the municipal lot across from the Village Office with the Albion PTA, Arnold’s Auto Parts parking lot with Royal Body Shop Outreach Ministries, and the Albion Free Methodist Church.
• There will also be a “Spooky Night in Albion” on Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m. at the municipal lot at the corner of Bank and Platt street. Many businesses will also be offering activities, including a walk-through haunted house, Halloween bean bag toss, face painting, henna, $1 hot dogs for kids, homemade wreaths, cookie decorating, spooky drinks and games, candy and crafts, and a costume contest.
• The Barre Betterment Committee will have a “Trunk or Treat in the Park” on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. Last year about 150 kids attended the event at the Barre Town ark on Route 98.
• Holley will have a Fall “Hallow” Fest on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. There will be a costume parade at noon around the Public Square. Participants in grades PreK to 5 should gather at the Historical Society Depot/Museum.
The museum will host a baked sale with food vendors. There will be activities at the library and Holley businesses including face painting, wine and hard cider tastings, pony rides and bounce houses. From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. St. Mary’s Catholic Church will have a trunk or treat in the church’s back parking lot.