Albion fire on Tuesday caused by electrical heater

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 30 October 2019 at 8:05 pm

Photo by Tom Rivers

ALBION – Firefighters battle a fire at a large shed in Albion on Tuesday evening at about 7 p.m. The fire was at 168 West Academy St., a house owned by Richard Nenni and rented out. The tenants were able to stay in the house because the fire was largely confined to the shed, said Albion police officer Will Francis.

The fire was caused by an a electrical heater in the shed which didn’t have enough space, said Francis, who is a fire investigator. He was assisted in determining the cause by Steve Cooley, a county fire investigator, and Jacob Crooks, a fire investigator with the Medina Fire Department. There were some combustibles inside the shed – paint and propane – that caused the fire to accelerate, Francis said.

The house is across from Auto Zone on West Avenue.

Return to top