Albion Baseball Club played on Caroline Street in 1905
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
ALBION – Both of these photos from 1905 show the Albion Baseball Club and field. This athletic field and grandstand was located on Caroline Street near Ingersoll Street backing up to the Erie Canal.
The team members were: H. Kilborn, first base; J. Craffey, second base and Captain; Frank VanStone, third base; Ralph Vick, short stop; Herbert Reed, left field; Homer Brown, center field; Walter Radley, right field; Robert Clark, pitcher; and Pete Galarneau, catcher.
The club mascot was Arnold Donovan, the young boy standing in front. Note the chicken-wire screen on the grandstand to protect spectators. Clark’s popcorn and peanut stand shows to the far left in the lower picture.