After absentees counted, Sidonio wins Murray town supervisor primary
MURRAY – Joe Sidonio has won the Republican primary for Murray town supervisor.
The final count this morning, which included 46 absentees ballots, gives Sidonio and 11-vote victory over Randy Bower, a retired Orleans County sheriff who is currently a Murray town councilman.
There were 513 in-person votes through nine days of early voting and on the June 22 primary. Sidonio had a 13-vote lead, 263 to 250.
But Bower still had a chance to win with 46 absentees ballot turned in. Bower received 24 votes through the absentees, compared to 22 for Sidonio.
That means Sidonio, the current town supervisor, will be on the November ballot with the Republican line. He also is endorsed by the Conservative Party.
Bower last November was elected to a three-year term as Murray town councilman. He will remain on the five-person board.
The final unofficial results from the other five towns with primaries – in-person and absentee votes – include:
Barre Town Councilman (2 positions)
• George McKenna, 162 in-person votes and 6 absentees for 168 total
• David Waters, 163 in-person and 4 absentees for 167 total
Tom McCabe, 146 in-person and 7 absentees for 153 total
Lynn Hill, 145 in-person and 8 absentee for 153 total
Carlton Town Clerk
• Karen Narburgh, 101 in-person and 14 absentee for 115 total
Dori Goetze, 66 in-person and 3 absentee for 69 total
Gaines Town Justice
• Charles Prentice Jr., 146 in-person and 16 absentees for 162 total
Henry Smith Jr., 48 in-person and 8 absentees for 56 total
Ridgeway Town Clerk
• Hannah Hill, 228 in-person and 10 absentees for 238 total votes
Laurie Kilburn, 75 in-person and 7 absentees for 82 total
E.J. Cox, 16 in-person and 2 absentees for 18 total
Ridgeway Town Councilman (2 positions)
• Cliff Barber, 249 in-person and 18 absentees for 267 total
• Jeff Toussaint, 255 in-person and 12 absentees for 267 total
David Stalker, 72 in-person and 9 absentees for 81 total
Shelby Town Councilman (2 positions)
• Stephen Seitz Sr., 172 in-person and 7 absentees for 179 total votes
• Edward Zelazny, 166 in-person and 10 absentees for 176 total
William Bacon, 143 in-person and 5 absentees for 148 total