A covered bridge once crossed the Oak Orchard River
By Bill Lattin, Orleans County Historian
CARLTON – In this winter scene we see the old covered bridge at Two Bridges in Carlton. Our photo was taken in 1885 looking west over Oak Orchard River.
This bridge was replaced around 1910 with one made of structural steel. Currently there is no bridge crossing the river here on Marsh Creek Road. The bridge was removed last year.