1 dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in Lockport
LOCKPORT – The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office is reporting that one people died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Lockport and another was transported for treatment at a hospital.
The Communications Center at the Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call at 9:13 a.m. about two people unconscious in the residence of 308 Dogwood Drive in the Town of Lockport. Responding units found the residence overcome with carbon monoxide, the Sheriff’s Office said.
A 27-year-old male was pronounced deceased at the scene. The second person was transported to St. Mary’s hospital for treatment.
Preliminary investigation shows that heavy snow had covered the external furnace causing carbon monoxide to enter the residence.
Investigation to continue by the Niagara County Criminal Investigation Bureau. The names of the individuals are being withheld at this time pending notification of the family.