Find us on Facebook
Local Sports


4349 Lake Plains Players
4365 Albion Youth Baseball
4367 Lyndonville Presbyterian Church
4332 OC Office for the Aging
4325 Terry’s Corners
4399 Lorraine Oakley
4396 Albion Merchants Association
4388 OC Democrats
4334 Genesee Symphony Orchestra
4342 Kevin Doherty
4387 OC Democrats
0231 LCP Fishing Hotline
2374 Link to LCP
2308 I Saw It On The Hub
2192 LCP Printing Copying Services

Clarendon couple lost all possessions in fire

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 29 November 2017 at 8:38 am

Photos by Tom Rivers: Jerry Bentley, deputy fire coordinator for Orleans County Emergency Management Office, is on scene of a fire on South Fancher Road in Clarendon on Tuesday. The fire destroyed a house, garage and the homeowners’ possessions.

CLARENDON – Donations are sought to assist to a Clarendon couple that lost their home and all of their possessions in a fire on Tuesday.

Jim and Marge Dale were working when a fire broke out at 4214 Fancher Rd. The fire destroyed their house, garage, a boat, Corvette, Jeep, Harley Davidson motorcycle, snowmobile, tools, furniture and appliances.

“They lost everything they own except the clothes on their backs,” their daughter-in-law Michelle Dale wrote on an on-line fundraising page YouCaring. Click here for more information. A GoFundMe has also been started to help the Dales. Click here for more information.

The Dales did not have homeowner’s insurance. The on-line fundraiser is trying to raise $5,000 for the couple.

“Please, if you can find it in your heart to give what you can to this couple, it will help them get back on their feet, and slowly get back to their lives,” Michelle Dale wrote. “It will be greatly appreciated.”

The couple has three dogs, and at least two of them survived the fire. One is still unaccounted for, Michelle Dale said.

This dog, owned by Jim and Marge Dale, was able to get out of the fire. The dog is pictured on South Fancher Road before being picked up by the Orleans County animal control officer.

Return to top

error: Content is protected !!