Find us on Facebook
Local Sports


3478 Lorraine Oakley
3457 Albion Band Fund
3460 First Presbyterian Church of Albion
3420 Antiques & Rusty Relics
3445 Medina Loyal Baseball
3467 Yates Community Library
3404 Lyndonville Presbyterian Church
3443 Oak Orchard Lighthouse
3485 Orleans County Democrats
3450 First Presbyterian Church
3499 James Bansbach
3492 Murray Republicans
3501 Medina Loyal Football
3448 Medina Memorial Hospital
0231 LCP Fishing Hotline
2308 I Saw It On The Hub
2192 LCP Printing Copying Services
2374 Link to LCP

Cigarette on back porch led to Carlton fire

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 7 June 2016 at 12:00 am

CARLTON – A cigarette in a pail on the back porch of a house in Carlton didn’t extinguish and caused the fire on Monday at a home on Sawyer Road, said Walter Batt, an Orleans County fire investigator.

Batt said the cigarette was put in a pail, and didn’t go out after being used. The homeowner attempted to put out the fire as it climbed up the back wall of the house, but it spread too fast, Batt said.

The house at 1523 Sawyer Rd. is owned by Lee Kruger, who built the house in 2007. Batt said the family intends to rebuild.